SHU Job Spotlight: Sydney Santos

Student Name: Sydney Santos

Class Year: 2020

Degree: BA In Communication Studies, with a concentration in Public Relations and Advertising. Minor in Fashion Merchandising & Marketing

Employer: Small Girls PR

Company Location: We have offices in NYC and LA

Job Title: Account Coordinator

Student Quote: I would not be where I am today without all the encouragement and support I had from my media professors and academic advisors! The biggest piece of advice I have is to network as much as you can. Go to the Thursday night media events, do talk to your classmates, do ask your professors for additional resources. Asking questions, meeting new people and going the extra mile, the more opportunities will come your way. Fun fact: my current job was actually my dream job I set as a goal my senior year of college. I applied to their fellowship, but the timing didn’t work out for me in 2020. But in the summer of 2021 while I was at my old agency, my dream job (SGPR) slid into my LinkedIn dms! If there is a company you want to work for, connect with some of the employees on LinkedIn and try setting up a phone call with them! All connections (online and in person) will help you get noticed by recruiters! What I love most about my current job is the amazing brand storytelling we do on a daily basis! Thinking strategically with current events and news to help get my clients to be a part of the public conversation is so much fun. I am surrounded by so many creative people which keeps me inspired every day!

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sydney-santos-383439162/

By Amy Novak
Amy Novak Senior Director