The Center Director will contribute to the Acelero Learning mission through the following activities and responsibilities:
• Act as the operational leader of an Acelero-Wisconsin Head Start Learning Center
• Provide ongoing support and direction to ensure all staff and center functions are fully compliant with policies/procedures, including but not limited to: effective practices in health and safety, compliance with Head Start Performance Standards, local and state licensing regulations, and overall center functionality
• Maintain and manage staff schedules, ensure child safety is paramount, the class ratio is maintained and all safety codes and compliance are followed
• Create a positive and enriching environment for employees, uplift morale, coach, mentor, and support staff in their daily responsibilities and ongoing education programs
• Work in collaboration with Early Learning & Inclusion Director on staff management, conducting annual performance reviews, and participate in any center related investigations, as required
• BA in Early Childhood Education
OR related field, with qualifying ECE credits
• State-approved director or administrator credential, or nine (9) continuing education units in business administration or program management, or six (6) college credits in business administration or program management
• 2+ years teaching children in early childhood, (0-5 years old)
• 2+ classrooms, (prior experience working with Head Start a plus)
• Passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes utilizing high-quality educational programs
• Proven experience working in a preschool program, prior Head Start experience a plus
• Strong English speaking and written communication skills, bilingual a plus -Comfortable working independently and efficiently while managing to organize and communicate effectively with staff, parents, and children -Experience with Microsoft Office Suite of software and overall computer proficiency
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work environment.