This position serves as an Extended Day Teacher for a Head Start or Early Head Start center.
• Record Keeping and Reporting
• On-going Monitoring/Self-assessment
• Planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including improving the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy and phonemic, print, and numeracy awareness, their understanding and use of language, their understanding and use of increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, and their problem solving abilities.
• Establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment.
• Supporting the social and emotional development of children.
• Encouraging the involvement of the families of the children in a Head Start program and supporting the development of relationships between children and their families.
• High School Diploma or equivalent-required. CDA or advanced degree preferred.
• Willingness to complete one non-credit course in ECE (i.e ” Introduction to Child Care Profession”) within 7 weeks of start date.
• Able to lift a child weighing 40 pounds, 20 times a day if needed.
• Basic computer literacy in email usage, word processing, and internet navigation.
• Pass a physical examination and all Head Start/licensing required background checks.
The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.