The mission of Acelero Learning is to bring a relentless focus on positive child and family outcomes to close the achievement gap and build a better future for children, families, and communities served by the Head Start program. Acelero Learning is a pioneering provider of early childhood education and family engagement services through our three business units, all focused on closing the achievement gap for thousands of Head Start children and families across the country. With over $50 million in revenue and unparalleled child outcome data, we are both one of the largest and one of the most innovative companies in our space.
Are you a socially conscious, dedicated individual who is committed to building a better future for children, families, and their communities? If so, join us as we support early childhood education programs across the country to create positive outcomes for the children and families served.
Working as a Family Advocate at Shine Early Learning gives you the opportunity to give back to your local community by engaging and supporting the families and children in the program. You will empower parents to have an active partnership in their child’s path to kindergarten readiness. Are you ready to make this impact?
• Engage families as partners in their children’s healthy development and school readiness.
• Engage in a process of collaborative partnership building with families of children receiving (Early) Head Start services.
• Build social capital among families to sustain engagement and support for one another over time
• Build and maintain working relationships with community partners to strengthen access to resources and training identified as priority goal areas by families
• Effectively manage workload and ensure accurate record-keeping and documentation
• Ensure adherence to Head Start Performance Standards and best practices to achieve postive family outcomes
• Previous experience working with families
• The commitment and passion for achieving positive child and family outcomes through high-quality family engagement
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Family Services, Counseling or a related field preferred, OR AA or BA in another field with a commitment to complete Family Development Credential within 18 months of hire. (We will also consider candidates with a High School Diploma with 3 years experience working in the community with families and a completed Family Development Credential)
• Reliable personal transportation as travel from site to site is required, locally or long-distance up to 10% of the time for work-related meetings and functions
• An eagerness to adopt our values: Embracing Diversity, Teamwork & Community, Data-Informed Learning, Open Communication, and Follow-Through.
Why Acelero Learning or Shine Early Learning?
– Ability to make an impact in the lives of the children, families, and partners we serve
– Career growth and professional development opportunities
– Supportive working environment
– Average of 5 weeks of paid time off during 1st year of employment
– Comprehensive benefits, including 401K matching and 100% vesting program
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating a diverse and healthy work place.