Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.
Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Fall 2021 Unpaid Internships
The content of this listing is in accordance with all applicable employment laws. While this is an unpaid internship, we offer College or University credit. Preference is given to those with an academic requirement for an internship.
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program at the time of the internship.
- Preferred Majors: Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Humanities, Financial Development, or related field
- Preferred Grade Levels: Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior, and Graduate level.
- Duration: Monday, September 13 – Friday, December 17
- Mission Concept: Fundraising and Event Planning
- COVID-19 Protocols: Our offices are temporarily closed pending return to in person work in October 2021.
Overview: This is a position that involves tasks and projects that process a lot of data and require critical thinking, strong communication, and management of confidential information. You will work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment with a very dedicated team.
- Research corporate philanthropic giving and potential connections to the American Red Cross
- Analysis of current and prospective corporate partnerships
- Working with program staff on summarizing/presenting information
- Support external special events and fundraisers
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship, preferably as an Undergraduate Sophomore or above
- Area of Study Sought: Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Humanities, Financial Development, or related field
- Interest in fundraising a plus
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Strong communication (written and verbal), organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong research skills are essential with a demonstrated ability to do extensive research utilizing multiple search tools
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong degree of emotional intelligence and/or empathy with ability to work effectively in stressful situations
- Very detail-oriented with strong ability to multi-task
- Willing to perform back-office processes and learn new computer systems/applications
- Maintains confidentiality; works with integrity and ethically
- Database basics
What You’ll Learn
In our region, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. You’re learning and development will include:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
Being involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization, gaining an insider’s perspective on the Red Cross humanitarian mission as well as service delivery at the local and national levels.
- Access to Microsoft Teams as a way to work collaboratively while working remotely
- Access to subject matter experts in the fields of Nonprofit Management, Nonprofit Fundraising, Emergency Management, Communications, Social Media, Disaster Relief, and much more.
- Access to our exclusive online database of professional development courses.
- Additional service projects with direct impact in communities within our Greater New York Region.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Monday to Friday
Safety First! Our need for interns is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC and local-government COVID-19 safety recommendations. While we do not require interns to be vaccinated against COVID-19, we will ask you to report if you are.