Number of hires for this role
Full Job Description
Fall 2021 Unpaid Internships
The content of this listing is in accordance with all applicable employment laws. While this is an unpaid internship, we offer College or University credit. Preference is given to those with an academic requirement for an internship.
Please read the entire contents of this posting before apply.
- Eligibility: You must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program at the time of the internship.
- Preferred Majors: Hospitality, Event Planning, Business Administration, Non-Profit Management & Administration, Humanities, Development, Financial Development or related majors
- Preferred Grade Levels: Undergraduate Junior, Undergraduate Senior, and Graduate level.
- Duration: Monday, September 13 – Friday, December 17th
- Mission Concept: Fundraising and Event Planning
This internship is for students who are natural networkers and enjoy creating effective strategies for engaging donors and planning events. You’re a critical thinker and strong communicator who thrives in a busy, fast-paced and deadline-driven environment. You want to work with an equally driven team to help mobilize the power of donors in support of the Red Cross mission.
Overview: You’ll work alongside the Corporate Development team as they leverage their expertise to raise funds through ticketed special events to support the overall Red Cross mission. Projects may include:
- Planning, promoting, and executing a wide range of nonprofit fundraising events.
- Assisting with the coordination of donors through research of potential new clients and contracts.
- Maintaining up-to-date documents and organizing supplies for events
- Creating virtual fundraising events
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship
- Passion for nonprofit fundraising and event planning that can help us mobilize the power of donors
- Experience in event planning helpful
- Excellence in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Strong degree of emotional intelligence and/or empathy with ability to work effectively in stressful situations
- Very detail-oriented with strong ability to multi-task
- Willing to perform back-office processes and learn new computer systems/applications
- Maintains confidentiality; works with integrity and ethically
What You’ll Learn
In our region, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. You’re learning and development will include:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Training and mentoring from subject matter experts
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- A deeper awareness of the Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultivation of Cultural Competence and Inclusion
Being involved in projects critical to the day-to-day work of our non-profit organization, gaining an insider’s perspective on the Red Cross humanitarian mission as well as service delivery at the local and national levels.
- Access to Microsoft Teams as a way to work collaboratively while working remotely
- Access to subject matter experts in the fields of Nonprofit Management, Nonprofit Fundraising, Emergency Management, Communications, Social Media, Disaster Relief, and much more.
- Access to our exclusive online database of professional development courses.
- Additional service projects with direct impact in communities within our Greater New York Region.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Pay: From $0.01 per hour
- Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.