SUMMARY OF POSITION
Amirah is seeking a highly motivated individual with a passion for its mission to join the development team. This individual will assist in managing development and fundraising campaigns, communications, and Amirah’s public education programs. This is a remote internship.
Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer, this internship will provide exposure to the internal management of a nonprofit, including event planning, data management, research, fundraising, constituent relations, and communications. The ideal candidate will display superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist with the planning and execution of Amirah’s communications, fundraising, and public education activities
- Work in collaboration with the Amirah team to run small and mid-scale events
- Conduct research on upcoming events, prospects, best practices, and related items as assigned
- Assist in crafting communication messages and managing social media
- Assist with tracking donor communications, such as gift acknowledgement letters, solicitation, and stewardship correspondence
- Work with the Chief Impact Officer and volunteers to execute fundraising campaigns
- Computer literacy
- Familiarity with best practices in communications
- Demonstrated research and analytical skills
- 1-2 years experience in customer relations, event planning, communications, or a related field preferred, but not required
- A joyful, teachable, and collaborative attitude
- Valid driver’s license
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
The Communications & Development Intern will complete a minimum of 10-15 hours of work per week, to be determined in advance with the Chief Impact Officer. Full time internships are available. At this time, all hours are completed remotely/virtually.
This is not a paid internship with Amirah.
All resumes and cover letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.