St. Peter School DC is looking for 8-10 enthusiastic and organized individuals interested in joining a team of teaching professionals. Aftercare teachers work with students from 3:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. daily, and 12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. one Friday per month. Teachers supervise students as they complete homework, socialize and play. Duties of Aftercare teachers include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Taking daily attendance and designating student as drop-in or full-time
* Providing students with an orderly and quiet environment to complete homework or work on a project
* Supervising students during recreational activities
* Ensuring constant communication with reception so that students may be dismissed promptly
* Monitoring for allergic reactions if a child is having a snack
* Reporting significant injuries or behavioral issues to the director immediately
* Encouraging students to be respectful of the school and property by leaving classroom, hallways and activity area neat and orderly.