The Technical Support Representative is responsible for providing exceptional customer support and technical expertise on the phone or via messages through our website, chat, and/or e-mail in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner. They will assess tech issues and identify and deploy solutions for customers through one-on-one conversations. They will also explain device capabilities and wireless carrier data product offerings. They will engage with the customer to understand their technology and upsell protection/tech support solutions based on their needs.
The average pay rate is $21 – $31 per hour.
On the Pay Per Experience compensation model, our team members average approximately 15% more than their hourly pay peers with the potential for much more. On average our Pay Per
Experience team members make $21 per hour.
Up until now this compensation plan was only available to tenured employees, for the first time ever we are offering this compensation plan to new hires in upcoming Work at Home classes.
During training and ramp to proficiency (approximately 90 days), compensation will be hourly at Twenty Dollars per hour, this is also the pay rate for ‘nonproductive’ times like coaching sessions and follow up training. You will be working an assigned training and production schedule that aligns with business needs.
After 90 days you will be compensated per experience. $3K Sign On Bonus as long as you start by 8/31. $1K paid after 30 days, $1K paid after 60 days & $1K paid after 180 days.
*This position is currently Work from Home until further notice or until it is determined safe to return to the office*
- Troubleshoot technical issues for customer’s personal devices; evaluate concerns and issues, identify and deploy solutions, and train customers on solutioning steps, if applicable
- Learn details of Smart Home Support and other product offerings to confidently and accurately upsell to customers
- Communicate company policies and procedures to customers
- Meet key performance indicator metrics for call performance measurements and sales goals; receive feedback/coaching from the management team including Trainers, Quality Analysts, etc.
- Utilize call center technology to input, track, and report customer issues
- Navigate company software programs, use web-based search engines and troubleshoot customer issues
- Escalate calls outside their scope to appropriate tier of Customer service support function
- Understand the latest bugs and solutions in newly released hardware and/or operating systems to provide exceptional, knowledgeable service
- Follows directives from Call Center Management (Coaches, Managers, etc.)
- To ensure we have adequate staff to meet our contractual service level requirements, regular and reliable attendance at the place of work is required
- Maintains excellent relations with all internal and external customers of Asurion.
- Interacts and assists with other Tech Experts on the team and various support functions, including Quality, Tech Leads, Training, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
The following are required to enable job holders to perform the essential functions of the job.
Skills/knowledge: Must have working knowledge (or the ability to learn) multiple hardware platforms and operating systems, including: Windows, Android, Blackberry OS, Apple iOS, wireless technology, wireless equipment, and applications. Must have the ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast environment, and manage time effectively. Must be a strong communicator, with an emphasis on effective listening and empathizing with customers, plus good phone etiquette (pace, tone, voice quality, grammar and articulation). Must be able to understand, identify, and upsell new products and solutions based on customer needs. Be computer literate with an ability to type 25-35 words per minute and learn new call center software. Must be able to pass a hiring assessment, covering soft skill scenario modeling, business decisions, and product knowledge. Must be self-disciplined and work without close supervision.
Experience/education: High school diploma or equivalent. Preferred 1-year experience in a customer service position (preferred call center experience). Bilingual skills a plus.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may spend 4-8 per day sitting and working at a computer. The ability to adjust focus, use hands to grasp, finger, handle, reach or feel and sit for prolonged periods are needed for this position. Typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication utilizing a headset. The employee is regularly required to talk 90+% of the time via a headset.
Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Brick/Mortar locations – Regularly requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. Regularly requires working with other in a close proximity and sharing workspaces. Requires the understanding that the noise level in the Call Center is that of an office environment and will rise significantly during peak hours.
Work at Home locations – Required that employees work in a distraction-free workplace and is ergonomically set to meet the company’s standards
Training – Routine training classes are required and/or offered during the employee lifecycle. Training may consist of classroom and/or Computer based training (CBT)
Schedules – Flexible to work all shifts as required (evenings, weekends, and holidays)