The Quality Inspector (QI) is responsible for in-process inspection of manufactured products and components (medical devices and parts) and will be cross-trained in other areas (e.g., receiving raw materials, final inspection). The QI ensures that product and/or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability and to determine the suitability of product release.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspection of the selected piece / product.
- Complete non-conformance reports and certificates of compliance.
- Assist with first article inspections and miscellaneous projects.
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve the business and perform other duties as needed.
- Utilize various measurement tools (e.g., microscopes, micrometers, calipers) to take measurements of components.