Who You Are
You are a motivated Application Support intern who is passionate about supporting key applications in a fast-paced environment. You excel at handling a rapid flow of requests and have experience providing first-level support for software products and tools. You are a hardworking and positive individual that thrives in an environment where you can make a difference from day 1. This team acts as the front-line of contact for support of central technology services and is responsible for interfacing with clients, resolving software incidents, and acting on service requests while achieving high customer satisfaction.
What You’ll Do
- Provide tier 1 support for internal customer requests or incidents
- Opens troubleshoots and routes tickets
- Ensure IT service levels agreements are maintained
- Track and prioritize requests through JIRA
- Responds to system alerts and problems
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves issues including escalations when appropriate
- Documents problem resolution utilizing standard procedures/tools
- Completes assigned work in a timely and high-quality manner
- Reports on the progress of own deliverables during 1×1 and Performance Check-in
- Adhere to established agile methodology, SDLC, support and service management policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain knowledge base documentation.
- Gain valuable experience by applying knowledge acquired in the classroom to real-world application. BHG gives you the space to explore your passions, discover new strengths, and innovate new solutions to help drive our business forward.
- Work as part of a culture of collaboration: you’ll receive guidance and work directly with BHG leaders, mentors, and experienced employees across the organization.
- Gain cross-functional skills and visibility to all areas of the business: from our virtual training sessions, hands-on experience, mentorship program, and access to diverse subject matter experts.
- Work for a culture we believe in: We invest in employees who want to build a career at BHG and achieve their goals. Because helping you realize your full potential will make our company stronger.
What You’ll Need
- Must be available for the Fall (September – December 2021)
- Must work a minimum of 30 hours a week
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of database design and novice in SQL.
- Knowledgeable of software development tech stack utilizing modern development tools and technologies – Microsoft .NET (C#), Azure Cloud, PHP, Full-Stack architecture, development, and execution
- Knowledgeable of various SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile (Scrum and Kanban)
- Demonstrate ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Knowledgeable of financial terminology
- Familiarity with IT tools (i.e. IT ServiceDesk, JIRA Software, JIRA Confluence, etc.)
- Familiarity with collaboration tools (i.e. Teams, Skype, etc.)
- Willingness to work flexible hours with occasional evening and weekend hours