Please apply via https://tinyurl.com/yfkvv3cz and to your position(s) of interest on the BDO website: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=25776&siteid=5175#home
BDO’s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Audit Associate will be responsible for preparing financial statements with disclosures, applying basic areas of GAAP as necessary and documenting, validating, testing and assessing various control systems. This position may also be involved in reviews and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
Typical responsibilities will include:
– Participates in a structured on-the-job training program and become familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards
– Becomes familiar with BDO specific audit methodology to assist with various stages of the audit process
– Provides various support functions to the audit staff during engagement
– Communicates with the clients’ customers, creditors, banks and related parties concerning audit issues
– Prepares and document work in working papers utilizing BDO specific tools and templates
– Contributes ideas/opinions to the audit teams and listen/respond to other team members’ views.
– Completes one assigned accounting or audit related research project and able to present findings to a panel of Assurance professionals
Other duties as required
– Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or other relevant field required
– Must be current Sophomore or Junior and have a graduation date of Spring 2022 or later
– Must be available to work full-time during internship timeframe
– 3.0 minimum GPA
– Leadership experience preferred
– Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Ability to follow instructions as directed
– Ability to work effectively in a team setting
– Positive attitude and willingness to learn