Corporate Digital Communications Specialist
The Corporate Digital Communications Specialist will leverage a passion for storytelling to plan, create and post content across Beam Suntory’s owned channels, including BeamSuntory.com and corporate social media, using strong news judgment to balance corporate and brand news, employee stories, news relating to the company’s commitments to the environment, communities, D&I and alcohol responsibility, and more.
This person will also leverage strong writing and relationship-building skills to plan and write employee profiles, to be shared across the company’s channels.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate External Communications, this person will use strong news judgment to populate the company Intranet homepage with news stories from around the world, and across functions. They will additionally create Stir Straight Up, the company’s global weekly newsletter for employees.
Understanding the need to quantify this work in the spirit of continuous improvement, this person will gather data relating to these content channels, develop regular reports on content performance, and make recommendations for improvement.
A skilled writer and communicator, the Specialist will also develop employee communications, and be adept at managing multiple, competing deadlines. As a member of the corporate communications team, this person must possess a positive, “can-do” attitude, willing to roll up their sleeves to support broader team priorities, including Global Town Halls, and employee recognition programs, and Suntory Holdings communications initiatives. Proactivity and organization are critical skills to succeed in this role, with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute with excellence – often on deadline.
- Manages and maintains the Intranet homepage, including the development and execution of an ongoing content calendar, and making daily content updates.
- Develops and sends the weekly global newsletter, leveraging news judgment, and headline writing skills.
- Plans and creates content for external channels, including BeamSuntory.com and corporate social media, identifying and prioritizing content, managing legal approvals, monitoring for commentary about the business, and managing responses to social channels as appropriate.
- Supports internal communications, particularly relating to employee recognition, as well as other functional communications, as needed.
- Supports recapping external media and social media coverage.
- Takes an active role in developing content for Global Town Halls and other employee events.
This is a great opportunity because…
Join a dynamic and growing industry, and a company that encourages its people to “Unleash Your Spirit” every day. Seize the opportunity to help enhance a function of critical importance at a growing company, while making a lasting, positive impact on employee engagement, corporate reputation, and corporate social responsibility. Become part of a tight-knit, high-performing, deeply engaged team that takes pride in its work.
- Prior work experience in communications, public relations, journalism or related field required
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, or related field
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to plan and manage content required
- Strong organizational skills required, ability to be proactive and multitask will be a significant asset
- Enjoys a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- A team player who enjoys supporting large projects, as well as running with their own tasks
- Photo, video editing experience preferred
- Proficiency in Power Point, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign & Premiere), and Sharepoint preferred
- Experience maintaining websites preferred
Beam Suntory is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws.