As a Digital and Web Communications Associate in the Office of Strategic Communication, you’ll execute online initiatives on our digital properties that enable us to advance our goals for internal/employee communications, media relations, social media and our cancer marketing program. You will manage the day-to-day operations of our intranet, blogs and other digital platforms; be responsible for website and campaign microsite publishing, maintenance and tracking; manage and train a decentralized network of web editors and authors to ensure consistency with digital standards; track and report on digital platform performance (analytics); and work on other digital communications projects.
You’ll bring experience with content management and front-end web development, tracking and reporting on digital marketing results, a track record of providing great customer service, strong attention to detail and a passion for working collaboratively to contribute to the Brigham’s vision of creating a healthier community and a healthier world.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Senior Communication Specialist, the principal duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Manage and evolve websites, microsites and blogs to support day-to-day marketing and communication programs and special campaigns.
- Routinely create and update web pages (including text, graphics, and video) using content management systems (CMS) such as TeamSite/OpenText, WordPress, etc. and other online production systems
- Manage site information architecture across various digital properties
- Create and maintain documentation on CMS training, best web practices, publishing, and production
- Serve as the CMS lead for a decentralized team of web editors; provide guidance and advice, assist on troubleshooting technical issues, and escalate issues as needed
- Help prioritize functionality upgrades and test new web features and improvements
- Perform general website maintenance, quality assurance, testing and troubleshooting as necessary
- Support digital email production and distribution for internal newsletters
- Ensure consistency of layout, design, brand, and the content experience across our enterprise communication digital properties
- Using Google Analytics (GA) and other measurement tools, regularly report on web traffic for digital properties (both internal and external), integrating data from a variety of sources for marketing campaigns. Analyze online user behavior and site performance, provide interpretation and make recommendations for improvements.
- Research, implement and manage emerging digital communication tools/platforms to support a variety of functions across the team, including virtual meetings and other special projects.
- Support other web/digital production duties as necessary
- Serve as the liaison between the Office of Strategic Communication and the Mass General Brigham Information Services and Digital teams
- 2-5 years of experience serving as a digital and web associate or related role.
- Experienced at developing and maintaining websites including architecture, updating pages and managing web users
- Experienced at analyzing user behavior and its connection to digital campaigns
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures related to web production and design
- Experience with email production programs
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Exceptional collaboration, problem solving and organizational skills
- Customer-service oriented. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and manage expectations and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking capability; able to make logic-driven, data-backed recommendations
- Web-savvy with an experienced understanding of content management systems, conversion marketing, governance and search engine optimization (SEO) techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of the multipurpose team, and use digital collaboration tools to work effectively remotely
- Flexible and adaptable to changing needs and priorities