Summary: The Materials Planner is responsible for ensuring the continuity of supply of raw and packaging materials to production facilities as Purchasing’s front-line representative to operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage replenishment strategies for assigned materials.
- Manage supply disruptions driven by ordinary and extraordinary events, react to changes
- Understand all manner of supply constraints and have appropriate contingency plans in place to maintain production
- Optimize the location’s bin and warehousing capabilities; identify third-party options as required.
- Optimize the balance between supply availability, inventory investment, and risk of obsolescence
- Ensure availability of material through the use of forecasts, lead time replenishment schedule, and constant collaboration with suppliers and plant operations
- Develop and lead inventory cost reduction initiatives entailing optimization of SAP MRP parameters, total supply chain process improvement, and application of lean principles
- Minimize the impact of excess inventory through transfer to other CHG locations, return to supplier, or salvage sale
- Ensure execution of the materials management aspects of commercialization and change management initiatives to ensure customer and productivity commitments are met by establishment and maintenance of effective communications with internal and external contacts
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing, R&D, Suppliers, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Finance on commercialization and productivity change management initiatives to ensure on-time materials availability and cost-minimizing transitions
- Support the execution of root-cause analysis and the final resolution of material quality failures and supply interruptions.
- Lead and collaborate with operations on inventory reduction initiatives by leveraging SAP and supplier capabilities to align with the manufacturing strategy
- Identify areas of opportunity and execute alternatives such as material cost savings projects and improved purchasing signals
- Support the financial responsibilities of the Company relative to Purchasing.
- Assist warehouses with receiving and inventory variances
- The budget process, cost forecasting, data records, PPV variance resolution
- Maintain key data impacting job unction such as contract balances, forecasts, and material discontinuation
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred: Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Supply Chain, Business, or related discipline
- APICS certification required by year two of employment
- 0-3 years experience in procurement, supply chain, or materials management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Experience with lean manufacturing principals preferred
- Demonstrated ability to learn from mistakes and handle stress
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and computer skill
- Drive for results
- Strong influencing skills
- Total supply chain perspective
- Travel- ~15% or as required
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves light exposure to unusual elements, such as dirt, dust, fumes, extreme temperatures, humidity, darkness, and/or noise.
- Moderate physical effort required such as standing, sitting, and walking in and around the office; the ability to lift up to 25 pounds; reaching, climbing, and kneeling as needed; utilizing fine dexterity, the ability to see, hear, and communicate with associates as well as others by utilizing professional etiquette.
- Personal protective equipment, as defined by C.H. Guenther and Son, will be provided.
Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.