$313,860 – $381,696 annual salary (Board Certified)
$307,956 – $372,372 annual salary (Board Eligible)
California Correctional Health Care Services is seeking a proactive, knowledgeable psychiatrist to lead Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility’s team of dedicated psychiatrists.
Within this California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation facility, you will:
· Direct program planning and development of goals and objectives; ensure compliance with all state and federal requirements
· Oversee inpatient and outpatient scheduling and treatment
· Coordinate all activities with individual psychiatric staff members, psychologists, psychiatric social workers, and other health care staff in the case management of patients to ensure quality mental health care is provided.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
· A current California Medical License and certification to practice psychiatry
· Minimum two years of experience practicing psychiatry in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient setting or a correctional facility
· The ability to prepare and supervise the preparation of comprehensive medical reports, case histories, and hospital records; and the capacity to coordinate, supervise, guide, and evaluate the work of professional employees.
In return for your efforts, we offer all of the stability, benefits, and work-life balance found in a career with the State of California:
· Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
· Secure State of California retirement that vests in five years (visit www.CalPERS.ca.gov for retirement formulas)
· Robust 401(k) and 457 savings plans (tax defer up to $39,000 – $52,000 per year)
· Paid insurance, license, and DEA renewal
· Visa sponsorship opportunities
· Paid CME with paid time off to attend
· And much more
We currently have an opportunity at Richard J. Donovan Correctional Facility, located in San Diego. Here, you’ll find a warm climate, urban and suburban housing options, and access to all of the beaches, parks, and cultural activities that make this Southern California city such a desirable destination. Plus, with the positive work-life balance you’ll find with CCHCS, you’ll be able to enjoy them all!
You may also apply online at https://cchcs.hodesiq.com/job_detail.asp?JobID=5611328&user_id=