“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can lead a full life.”
You’ll have countless development opportunities through our on-demand development system, 360 feedback, and a dedicated support team.
You’ll cultivate meaningful relationships through opportunities to interact with our employee resource groups and community service events.
You’ll get exposure to global leadership through our speaker series
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
I can succeed as a Sales Development (SLATE) Summer Associate at Capital Group.”
As a Sales development (SLATE) Summer Associate, you will develop knowledge on the finance industry, Capital Group service models, American Funds products and exercise presentation and consultative skills. You will also work on continuous improvement projects to help streamline operations. Our American Funds Service Groups’ Internal Sales and Support team is passionate about engaging advisors, supporting the American Funds’ external sales force, and working to ensure sales and marketing messages are successful.
“I can do meaningful work.”
- You’ll gain a deeper understanding of broker-dealer firms, American Funds products and the investment industry through engaging with associates and senior leaders within various sales and support roles.
- You’ll engage in conversations with Financial Advisors, strengthening the Capital brand and relationships.
- You’ll learn and develop sales and presentation skills through training and experiential learning culminating in an end of summer presentation.
- You’ll lead project work needed to accomplish business goals applying technology and continuous improvement methodologies.
- You’ll participate in a variety of responsibilities and assigned projects based on business need.
“I am the person Capital Group is looking for.”
- You have completed your junior year, are pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an anticipated 2023 graduation date with a current GPA or 3.0 or higher.
- You possess a strong interest in a financial sales career.
- You demonstrate strong relationship building and collaboration skills.
- You demonstrate leadership skills.
- You exhibit a passion for continuous learning.