This is a two year rotational program where for analysts to gain exposure to Physical & Financial commodity trading with an emphasis on risk and technology. Analysts initially participate in a two month Risk & Technical bootcamp before spending 6 months on a physical trading desk followed by a 6 month rotation on a financial trading desk. Following your first financial rotation you will get matched with a third rotation, from which you will either do a final four rotation or be permanently placed on a desk.
Throughout the program, participants will also have regular interaction with the leaders of our businesses to gain an understanding of our approach to various opportunities across global markets. You will be paired with a commercial mentor to provide market and career insights, participate in regular Q&A sessions, and have the opportunity to present at the end of each of your rotations.
This program is a unique opportunity designed to provide a strong basis for a role within the business, and to identify and develop people who have the desire to become active players in the company. Graduates will be exposed to the fundamental components of the global commodities industry.
Requirements: At CCI, we are dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent. We value our human capital and seek strong contributors whom we can support and provide with the opportunities to be successful. We are seeking individuals who have strong technical skills along with an understanding of derivative products and an interest in the commodity markets.
- Analyze markets to identify trading opportunities, analyzing and understanding risks
- Design and develop models to analyze economic data, market fundamentals and forecast prices
- Perform research and statistical studies of identified risk factors
- Identify market pricing trends and discontinuity
- Design and formulate trade ideas and execute with rigorous risk management control. Run back-testing to verify the strategy prior to production execution
- Review research reports and articles that examine recent developments in the energy markets.
- Build up close connection with external consultancies and internal research team
- Pursuing Bachelors or Master’s in Mathematics, Engineering, Finance, Statistics, Business, Economics, Energy, Computer Science, Physics or a related field of study
- Expected graduation date in Spring 2022
- Prior internship/exposure to the commodities markets, or experience with other financial institutions and consulting is preferred
- Intermediate analytical and technical skills in one or more of the following: R, Python, Matlab, C++, VBA, Excel—as well as SQL or other database exposure.
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work as an effective team player and add value to team