The HVAC Mechanic is a skilled, technical position that reports to the Facilities Management team. The HVAC Mechanic performs maintenance and service repairs on heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems. Installs new units or replacement of parts for existing units according to specifications and established safety guidelines.
• Installs, maintains, and repairs HVAC and dehumidification systems.
• Makes initial settings and final adjustments of HVAC systems.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a timely manner.
• Adjust to new industry techniques and become familiar with new equipment as required.
• Maintain accurate inventory of all equipment and resources (tools, filters, fittings, etc.).
• Performs preventative maintenance per SOP’s/work order system and repairs other systems and units (compressed air systems, dishwashers, dehumidifiers, water systems, general building maintenance, etc.) as assigned.
• Snow removal and/or property maintenance may be required.
• Maintains a working cell phone to ensure consistent communication during regular working hours unless a device is provided by the company.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of work experience or educational equivalent in a mechanical field to include HVAC, refrigeration, electrical systems, or other mechanical environment and to include experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC and/or refrigeration equipment.
• Must have a working knowledge of commercial electrical and plumbing systems.
• Must have valid driver’s license.
• Lives within 30 miles of Charm Sciences due to rotational-on-call assignments.
• 3-5 years apprenticeship under a journeyperson preferred.
• Massachusetts Refrigeration License and EPA Certification to handle refrigerants.
• Familiar with Lock Out/Tag Out Procedures
• Knowledge of OSHA Safety Rules
• Skilled with Microsoft Office
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Be able to push, pull, carry, or maneuver heavier items with additional manpower or appropriate devices.
• Able to traverse about the facility, carry and climb ladders, work from heights, crawl under equipment and have dexterity to work with trade tools.
• The person in this position must be able to detect odoriferous smells in the event of gaseous leak.
• Able to function in extreme hot and cold weather and non-weather conditions, such as freezers and outside work-related issues.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.