Charm Sciences is the global leader in manufacturing rapid diagnostic tests to detect residues, toxins, microbial, and sanitation risks in a wide range of industries, including food and beverage, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, and personal care. Charm develops fast and reliable test methods that are easy to perform, delivering unmatched quality with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
We work closely with regulatory agencies to obtain validations, and we are the diagnostics testing supplier of choice.
Our three factories in Massachusetts manufacture all reagents, equipment, and even software and firmware. Due to our vertical integration, Charm has the flexibility to offer customized solutions to solve customer problems quickly.
The Production Department Analyst is a non-exempt, entry level, scientific role, which reports to the Production Management team. The Production Department Analyst is responsible for the manufacturing of diagnostic tests kits.
• Work with dry blend chemical batch formulations which includes antibiotics in climate-controlled environments. Process batch formulations into a tablet format using single station tablet presses. Run in-process assays on test materials. Batch scale up and final tableting on multi-station tablet press.
• Work in a Class 100 clean room manufacturing liquid batch solutions. Perform in-process testing for quality. Bulk dispense for downstream processing or directly into sellable customer size bottles.
• Work in a Class 100 clean room with a Class 10 clean room hood manufacturing agar based tests for residue detection.
• Routinely work with antibiotics in dry powder and concentrated liquid forms using PPE.
• Troubleshoot issues/undesirable results as they arise.
• Produce with high efficiency and minimize scrap.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Understand and apply principles and techniques covered in Production training.
• Complete scheduled tasks in a timely manner and effectively communicate progress with Production Management.
• Be able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, be diligent and dependable.
• Establish accountability for decision making delegated to the employee.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biology or related field and/or equivalent experience, e.g. working as a Production Department Technician.
• 0-3 years’ experience in a laboratory setting.
• Proficiency in Excel and Word.
• Schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am until 4:30pm.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Manufacturing experience.
• Clean room experience with understanding of aseptic/sterile technique.
• GMP/GLP experience.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• The person must possess dexterity to fill vials as needed.
• Able to sit or stand for an extended length of time up to 2 hours.
• Will be exposed to fluctuating environmental conditions, i.e. temperatures ranging from 4°C in a walk-in cold-room where finished product is stored to 26°C in a clean room.
• Able to safely handle antibiotics in dry powder and concentrated liquid form in a laboratory setting.