The Production Department Technician is an overtime eligible, entry level position that reports to the Production Manager. The Production Department Technician is responsible for assisting in the manufacturing of products that are used in the production of diagnostic test kits.
• Work independently or as part of a team aiding in the manufacture of products for our diagnostic test kits both inside and outside of a clean room environment. This will include clean room preparation, running a pouching machine, bottle setup/preparation, bottle capping, storage bin cleaning, vial racking, operation of a plate sealing machine and operation of a liquid dispensing line.
• Assist senior analysts during the manufacture of products and other miscellaneous projects as they occur.
• Constantly evaluate the quality and quantity of the work being produced and report back to management.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• This person will possess the ability to communicate effectively verbally as well as articulate clear and accurate data through written documents. This skill set will enable them to execute daily assigned tasks efficiently and thoroughly, updating management on progress throughout the day.
• Describe end results achieved when the job is performed in a satisfactory manner.
• The person will possess strong interpersonal skills, be diligent and dependable.
• The person will possess excellent attention to detail and be able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines.
• Establish accountability for decision making delegated to the employee.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Proficiency in excel
• Schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00am until 4:30pm
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent
• Manufacturing Experience
• Clean room Experience
• Aseptic technique
• GMP/GLP Experience
• The person must possess dexterity to regularly fill vials with niblets.
• The person in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended length of time; up to two hours on average.
• Must be able to visually inspect vials to detect defects in the manufacturing process.
• Will be exposed to fluctuating environmental conditions. i.e. temperatures ranging from 4°C in a walk-in cold-room where finished product is stored to 26°C in a clean room.