Chemonics International is seeking a Payroll Associate for the Finance and Accounting Division. The Payroll Associate will assist in the development of payroll policy as well as participate in the processes of one or more of the following areas: new hires, terminations, status changes, tax changes, payroll deductions, direct deposits, time-sheet data, rate changes, retroactive adjustments and special pays; garnishments and court ordered pay orders. They will maintain vacation, sick leave and disability pay records as well as compile reports on base and premium pay. Additionally they will enter and post journal and GL entries and prepare tax deposits and reports; generate and distributes checks; and researches and produces special reports. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assist with development of policy and processes for posting semi-monthly payroll
- Mentors payroll coordinators and acts as proficient payroll administrator
- Prepares and posts monthly payroll journals
- Prepares and update paid-time off accrual liability
- Prepares monthly payment schedule (net pay, tax, esop)
- Check and approve payments from payroll regional offices bureau/s
- Liaise with HR and benefits on payroll related matters
- Complete payroll year end information for all payrolls
- Reconciliation and reporting on payroll tax issues
- Adding new hires and removing terminations from payroll
- Assisting with terminations calculations including redundancy
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or business administration with minimum 2 years experience or knowledge of payroll procedures
- Requires understanding of payroll concepts, practices and procedures
- Requires experience with computerized accounting systems
- SAP/Oracle Financials experience preferred
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience required
- Ability to work well both independently and to work collaboratively in teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize problems and manage multiple requests/expectations
- Recognized as a team member who is actively involved in attacking issues, while maintaining an excellent attitude contributing to the high morale of the team
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills. Commitment to excellent customer service
- Ability to interact with internal customers by providing support via phone, web, and email; as well as team-oriented interaction with all
- Requires the ability to work in an area requiring special attention to detail and regular monthly deadlines
- Requires ability to handle highly confidential company and employee expense information with appropriate level of professionalism and sensitivity
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
Apply through our Career Center by September 7, 2021. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Chemonics International is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually. Our new hires and current staff working from our Washington, DC, Arlington, VA, and London offices will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.