Location: Children of the Nations Seattle Office – 564 NE Ravenna Blvd Seattle WA 98115
Job Title: Community Development Intern
Immediate Supervisor Title: Regional Advocate
Name: Andrea Krook
8 Hours per week (flexible hours)
Exempt or X Non-exempt
Full-time or X Part-time
(see COTN Employee Handbook section 2.5)
Job Description Summary:
To support COTN’s ministry in the world by assisting the Regional Advocate to develop, nurture, and initiate relationships with churches, schools, community groups, and individuals in the greater Puget Sound area. This internship will provide hands-on ministry experience in the nonprofit fundraising field.
Job Description Detail:
- Research community groups, churches, foundations, grantors, and individuals for the Regional Advocate to meet with; help schedule and/or create meeting opportunities.
- Help manage and nurture ongoing relationships with groups/individuals, keeping them updated on the ministry (examples: mailing quarterly reports, writing thank you notes, etc.).
- Follow-up with meeting opportunities and involvement suggestions.
- Assist with communication and/or one-time meetings with individuals interested in learning more about the ministry, volunteering, applying for a job, applying for an internship, etc.
- Complete a project that will have lasting impact, such as researching and writing a small grant proposal or creating a new Community Development engagement strategy.
- Help support events, network, and build relationships.
- Depending on scheduling, attend weekly staff meetings and/or prayer gatherings.
- Strong commitment to upholding and supporting COTN’s Mission and Vision statements and code of conduct.
- Demonstrated interest in having a positive impact on the world.
- At minimum, currently enrolled in college or B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent.
Personal/ Professional Growth:
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Children of the Nations (COTN).
- Advocates for our children, raising awareness of their needs and potential, and challenging and enabling those within one’s sphere of influence to greater involvement on behalf of children.
- Participates in Performance Reviews and Goal Setting.
- Volunteer position/un-paid internship.
- All hours served count as community service hours and can be used to fulfill college credit requirements.
- Upon successful completion of internship, a letter of recommendation will be provided.
- As travel restrictions allow, option to raise funds to travel to COTN country on a Venture Trip as part of the internship.
- Spiritual – Seasoned commitment to Christ, prior leadership experience
- Relational – Facilitator, excellent communicator, organizational skills, follow-through
- Interpersonal – Flexibility, sensitivity to people, eagerness to serve, effective manager
Evaluation Schedule (performed by Immediate Supervisor)
- Intern review (to be conducted at the end of internship)
- Informal mid-internship review
- Requested time off and/or vacations must comply with COTN Vacation Policy (see COTN Employee Handbook, Section 3.4)
- Option to perform internship responsibilities at home or via Zoom during COVID-19 pandemic
To apply, apply through Handshake or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.