Cigna’s Investment Management (CIM) team manages assets exclusively for Cigna’s employee benefits and shareholder portfolios by leveraging expertise in public securities, private placements, commercial mortgages, equity real estate, capital markets products and alternative asset-class investing to deliver superior investment returns.
The Investment Management group develops well-rounded investment professionals by offering assignments that expose individuals to a variety of disciplines and opportunities throughout our business segments.
The Investment Management Summer Experience will offer interns :
• The availability of on-the-job training and exposure to the investment management business, clients, products and strategy.
• The opportunity for visibility with senior management.
• One-on-one learning with investment professionals, who will share their knowledge, experience, and assume roles as Individual coaches and mentors
• Assignments will be available in a wide range of areas and will consist of a number of challenging projects – the results of which are critical to moving our business forward.
Potential Areas of Summer Internship Focus Include:
• Alternative Investments
• Fixed Income
• Portfolio Management
• Public Securities and Trading
• Real Estate
• Excellent academic credentials (3.3+ CUM GPA), with a concentration in Business, Finance, Economics or other quantitative discipline.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
• Outstanding problem-solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Superior written and oral communication skills.
• A strong desire to pursue a challenging career in investments or finance.
One goal of this internship program is to prepare and identify qualified candidates for roles with Cigna post-graduation. Therefore, this temporary internship is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.