Looking for an internship program where you’ll make a real difference – rather than just completing busy work? Then you’ve come to the right place. Cigna’s Summer Internship Program is designed to assign you projects that have a lasting impact on our business – which touches millions of people across the globe.
As an intern, you’ll get an inside look at your desired field, while working next to some of the best in the industry. Program activities, including an executive speaker series, volunteer events, and career development workshops, give you the opportunity to network with employees across the organization and prepare you for a full-time career.
Where You’ll Work
As a Cigna Intern, you’re able to make a real impact, while growing and learning more about your profession of choice. The Marketing and Content Strategy Intern will be responsible for serving as a strategic, consultative partner for departments across the company in an effort to create engaging, winning sales content for our client RFP responses.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) process is one of the key steps in our overall sales process for winning new business and retaining existing business. The intern will grow and develop a deep understanding of the entire sales process and learn the importance of crafting a comprehensive sales strategy at Express Scripts.
During the 12-week summer internship, you will have the opportunity to collaborate within your department and across the business while learning from some of our brightest and most innovative employees in your area of focus.
What You’ll Do
- As part of this role, the intern will learn how to build strong relationships with key cross-functional partners across the enterprise, learn about key components of the Health Services business and make decisions on how to strategically feature those components within RFP responses, using both written and graphic content.
- Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to assist in optimizing our department processes through our ongoing improvement initiatives, which will allow us to create greater efficiency in our RFP process while ensuring we continue to produce accurate, client-appropriate, and strategic responses.
- Process improvement projects/responsibilities may include: driving the adoption of technology enhancements within our RFP workflow tool, coordinating of tasks among our internal partners in Sales Enablement and Pricing, or building more efficient processes in our relationships with broker/consultant partners.
Schedule: You must be available to work a 40-hour work week for 10-12 weeks summer 2021.
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelors program with a 3.0 GPA or higher; preferred majors include Marketing, Journalism, Business Communications, Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Health Administration, or other related fields.
- Strong interest in marketing, sales, consulting, and/or content strategy and management
- Strong attention to detail and ability to think strategically to find new solutions
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment
- Curiosity and passion for learning and asking questions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to multitask and remain organized in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, specifically in PowerPoint
US Candidates Only: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the company, and therefore is open only to individuals who are eligible for employment in the United States and who would not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.