Looking for an internship program where you’ll make a real difference – rather than just completing busy work? Then you’ve come to the right place. Cigna’s Summer Internship Program is designed to assign you projects that have a lasting impact on our business – which touches millions of people across the globe.
As an intern, you’ll get an inside look at your desired field, while working next to some of the best in the industry. Program activities, including an executive speaker series, volunteer events, and career development workshops, give you the opportunity to network with employees across the organization and prepare you for a full-time career.
Where You’ll Work
As a Cigna Intern, you’re able to make a real impact, while growing and learning more about your profession of choice. As a Strategic Planning intern, you’ll step into a role that will provide exposure to various aspects of the pharmacy business – in this case, Cigna’s pharmacy benefit manager, Express Scripts. The role, while sitting in Supply Chain supporting one of Express Scripts’ largest clients, will help support a diverse workload best suited for a well-rounded skill set.
What You’ll Do
The role will help support projects, have input into financial forecasts and reporting, see first-hand how to support clients, assist with product support and help ideate new and better ways of doing our work. The intern will be a part of a collaborative team with exposure to diverse talent in a fast paced environment which will be very educational for those pursuing careers in the healthcare field or corporate environment.
- Provide project management support across a variety of ad hoc or assigned projects
- Engage and assist in project plans and execution
- Identify areas of process improvement and provide recommendations
- Assist with process mapping, creation of new processes and develop & document Standard Operating Procedures
- Assist with internal/external client reporting
- Ad hoc financial and data analysis
- Assist with financial forecasts
- Help support client requests and help support client satisfaction efforts
- Assist with product support needs
- Ideate new opportunities for client support, revenue opportunities and risk mitigation
- Help support the execution of new program opportunities
- Junior or senior-level college students majoring in Business Administration, Business Analytics, Finance, or similar
- Proficiency with standard tools (Excel / SQL) to interpret data and create financial forecast reports
- Strong financial & business acumen
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and build effective working relationships
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, along with strong organization skills