Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is looking for a Community Engagement Manager to join our Communications department. This leadership role will strategize and manage the engagement of targeted audiences utilizing social media, promotional campaigns, and events to foster institutional relationships with communities, civic groups, and public audiences.
CSHL representative/liaison for institutional relationships with communities, civic organizations, and other external groups and audiences.
- Manage the Engagement (PR) pillar of the Communications Department
- Work collaboratively with pillar heads to develop and coordinate new strategies and products
- Plan, budget, implement and manage engagement programs, initiatives, and events
- Build engagement with specific communities with targeted communications products, including social media channels, and events
- Manage CSHL social media channels
- Utilize metrics to understand audiences and increase engagement by understanding KPI’s and setting CTA’s for all Communications Department products
- Coordinate publicity services to support other CSHL Division/Department-owned events to promote and ensure CSHL brand integrity and messaging.
Manage Communications/CSHL public events portfolio
- Develop in-person and virtual events to achieve audience engagement goals
- Plan programming, including materials, publicity, and media coverage as required.
- Develop and maintain procedures and policies for the successful implementation and oversight of all CSHL events.
- Collaborate regularly with CSHL Divisions/Departments to effectively leverage CSHL resources and channels in a coordinated manner.
- Manage the use of CSHL facilities by external third-party organizations and oversee internal operational/division/department/ requirements associated with third-party usage.
- Report to President & CEO as necessary as primary contact for all CSHL public events.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS: 5 – 7 years related experience Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and within a team framework. Must be able to prioritize, possess good follow-up skills, be dependable and manage a heavy workload. Should be proactive in coordinating and managing multiple events and be willing to take on additional responsibilities when needed. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Publisher required. Experience with social media and digital technology is necessary. Ability to work occasional nights and weekends is required.
For immediate consideration, please apply to the position found here:
https://cshl.peopleadmin.com/postings/18508 Position ID 01612-A
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
You are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition to your employment at the Laboratory, except in instances where you have a qualifying medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance that is contrary to receiving the vaccine. You will be required to provide proof of your vaccination on your first day of employment. For those individuals, who are unable to receive a vaccine due to access issues, they will be expected to receive the vaccine upon arrival in New York.
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory is a world-renowned research and educational institution with programs in cancer, neuroscience, plant biology, genomics and bioinformatics. The Laboratory is recognized internationally for its excellence in research and educational activities. For more information about CSHL, please visit https://www.cshl.edu.
CSHL is an EO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.