Are you experienced with project management and complex capital project planning? Does helping Commonwealth of Pennsylvania agencies align their facility needs with their mission, vision, and values sound like an exciting career move? If so, the PA Department of General Services (DGS) wants to speak with you! Apply today!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Division Chief of the Planning Division (“the Strategic Planner”) within the DGS Public Works’ Bureau of Capital Planning & Procurement manages all aspects of creating and maintaining a Strategic Facility Plan for each Client Agency while supervising the Capital Plan Manager and the Delegated Project Manager. The Strategic Planner will participate in creating and maintaining a human-centered environment within the Bureau while striving to provide an exceptional Client Agency experience on each project. The Strategic Planner must exhibit a passion for details and demonstrate the ability to plan across a complex and diverse Client Agency facility portfolio.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Monday – Friday
Lunch Period: 1 Hour
Telework eligible (part-time): You will have the opportunity to work from home (telework) up to 3-4 days a week (1-2 days a week in the office). In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY:
Two years as a Design and Construction Project Manager, DGS; or
Eight years of professional building design, construction administration, or construction management experience for renovations and new construction for commercial, institutional or educational buildings, and a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or construction science, or a closely related field; or
An equivalent combination of experience and training.
- This position requires possession of a valid license as a Professional Engineer, Registered Architect, Professional Land Surveyor, or Professional Geologist by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or a reciprocal jurisdiction.
- This position also requires an active Pennsylvania non-commercial Class C driver’s license or equivalent.
- Thorough understanding of Strategic Facility Planning; College degree in construction related field or 10 years experience performing Strategic Facility Plans.
- Applicants for this position must demonstrate professionalism, the ability to communicate effectively, and interact and work well with others and in groups.
How To Apply:
- Attach a resume; it is required in order to submit an application.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.