Womenworking is seeking an enthusiastic Writing Intern to assist our Web Editor on the Creative Expansions Inc. team. Womenworking is a global community network that seeks to empower women and girls through inspiring lifestyle advice related to career, relationships, motivational quotes and interviews.
This is a great opportunity for an aspiring writer to learn all sides of the business with an Emmy award-winning producer and writer of 12 books. Our company is dedicated to expanding the skills of interns who work with us. As a writing intern, your work will be highly-visible to over 18 million followers. You will have a chance to practice your writing skills as well as learning how to apply them practically in business. We take mentoring very seriously by focusing on enhancing your individual resume and boosting your employment opportunities. If you’re interested in getting hands-on writing and business experience, this is the internship for you.
This is a remote UNPAID internship starting in September and runs through mid-December; you can also take this position for college-credit.
- Writing/researching 2-3 articles a week on a variety of topics from health, entertainment, psychology, lifestyle, and hard-news
- Pitching story ideas based on trending themes/topics on similar pages
- Learning the ins & outs of social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Can work at least 2 full days a week (10am-6pm)
- Must be a skilled writer who can produce excellent copy under tight deadlines
- Can work remotely
- Rising juniors and seniors preferred
Please send your resume, a cover letter, along with 2 references, or email your application directly to Maya.