The Category Manager will drive Category Management initiatives including creating and fostering an alliance with key retail partners while enhancing DAP’s market leadership position. This also includes increasing overall category productivity through the management of a data warehouse of consumer-focused & retail sales fact-based data, identification of category and brand opportunities and collaborative strategy creation.
Create usable business insights for internal & external customers
- Internally assess the sales performance of our products at retail in a timely & factual manner. Externally, provide a value added service to our retailers positioning DAP as an information and analysis leader.
Capture & analyze P.O.S. scanner data from sources such as Epicor, Retailer portals, Audits & Surveys, etc.
- Increase our internal decision making in sales & marketing based on facts in a timely manner.
Evaluate account specific merchandising/category management initiatives.
- Determine effectiveness of account specific initiatives for potential broader use.
Analyze consumer-based research.
- Link research to solution-based initiatives.
Make presentations to internal & external customers
- Inform & add value to our retail customers while sharing information amongst internal customers.
Evaluate customer specific retail data
- Make recommendations based on fact based data/guide category growth.
Perform other duties as required
- Leverage industry standard software such as JDA and leverage best practices to identify opportunity and utilize them with our retail teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business
- 5+ years of relevant Category Management/Marketing experience
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data management
- Experienced user of space management software such as JDA
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Some weekend work
- Some travel required (customer presentations, tradeshows)