DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
- Daytona International Speedway is a state-of-the-art motorsports facility and was awarded the SportsBusiness Journal’s prestigious Sports Business Award for Sports Facility of the Year in 2016. Daytona International Speedway is the home of “The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500. Though the prestigious season-opening NASCAR Cup Series event garners most of the attention – as well as the largest audience in motorsports – the approximately 500-acre motorsports complex boasts the most diverse schedule of racing on the globe, thus earning it the title of “World Center of Racing.” Among the nine major weekends of racing activity are the Rolex 24 At DAYTONA, the DAYTONA Supercross, the DAYTONA 200 motorcycle classic and the Coke Zero Sugar 400. Rarely a week goes by that the Speedway grounds are not used for events that include track tours, concerts, civic and social gatherings, car shows, photo shoots, production vehicle testing and police motorcycle training.
- Daytona International Speedway is the home of “The Great American Race” – the DAYTONA 500! Since the conclusion of our massive renovation, Daytona International Speedway now hosts a diverse calendar of events all year long. Daytona International Speedway is owned by NASCAR, an American auto racing sanctioning and operating company best known for its stock-car racing. NASCAR owns & operates 16 of the nation’s major motorsports entertainment facilities.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of:
- Working in the Sports and Entertainment fields
- Time management in a fast paced environment
- Delivering a great guest experience during all events
- Overseeing an employee workforce for large and small scale events
- Point of contact for the Guest Services Department for a specified project
- Manage all aspects of the project, including planning, implementation, and follow-up
- Observe, learn from, and assist the Guest Services Department in the preparation and execution of all events throughout the internship
- Guest Services Department includes Admissions, ADA Carts, Guest Services Booths, Trams, Venue, and Wardrobe
- Assist with employee check-in and check-out, issuing employee uniforms and credentials
- Assist management in overseeing all seasonal event staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend pre-event planning meetings
- Assist with hiring events
- Assist with the processing of new hire paperwork
- Assist with employee training sessions
- Schedule event staff via the ABI Mastermind system
- Assist with coordinating volunteer schedules
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree or a recent graduate
- Must be friendly, enthusiastic, personable, and reliable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to pass a driver license check
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- January 4th, 2022 – May 31st, 2022
- Work all events
- Position requires flexible hours, including evening, weekends and some late nights
- Compensation: $10.30 per hour
- The application deadline is October 15th, 2021
- NASCAR is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Apply Now!
- Learn more about this role and our team by applying at www.careers.nascar.com for consideration.
- We are a company unlike any other. We want you to bring your experience, skills and passion to our close-knit, high-energy environment in which our employees thrive and where you can prosper. We know the key to our success is our employees and we offer highly competitive salaries, a solid benefits package focused on wellness, and opportunities for you to grow and develop both personally and professionally. It won’t take you long to find out that you are on the right track here at NASCAR!
- NASCAR is committed to fostering a diverse work environment where all employees feel valued and empowered. NASCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO). We seek to attract and retain the best qualified people available. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any basis that is protected by applicable law except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists.
- Follow us on Twitter @NASCARJobs to stay current on all of our openings.