Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Compose Tally sheets, progress/service notes and all other necessary documents to be reviewed and signed by the licensed practitioner on staff.
- Directs and organizes such activities as sports, dramatics, games, and arts and crafts to assist patients to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- Plan, Lead and facilitate team activities both in house and on outings.
- Counsels and encourages patients to develop leisure activities.
- Consult with other professionals to facilitate and maximize residents’ participation in activities.
- Prepares progress charts and periodic reports for medical staff and other members of treatment team, reflecting patients’ reactions and evidence of progress or regression.
- Work closely with the members of the therapeutic team to meet the needs of our program participants.
- Provide flexibility to adapt to the ever-changing needs and personalized requests of DVRC’s program participants.
- Maintain a positive attitude and promote a positive work environment.
- Aim to enhance the program participants’ functional competence in real-world situations through the attainment/re-attainment of skills as a product of direct retraining, use of compensator strategies, and use of cognitive orthotics and prostheses.
- Prepares and submits requisition for needed supplies.