Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI) is the leader in marketing places. Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” -visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer and has taken a Diversity Pledge to ensure our agency is advancing racial justice, identifying unconscious bias, educating our staff, and using our place marketing platform to advocate for change. Our agency is also a member of the Diversity Action Alliance and Black Travel Alliance. While this job posting is a guide, we welcome applicants that may bring diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences to DCI.
Love storytelling? Always reading up on the latest news? Have a passion for places? Quick on your feet? Then this entry level position is for you!
The Public Relations Account Coordinator (AC) will support the development, implementation and analysis of public relations programs with the goal to promote the places that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and residents. Writing will be a core responsibility of this role and candidates with past writing, media relations, and/or marketing experience are preferred.
- We are seeking applicants with a bachelor’s degree and relevant internship experience in public relations, marketing, media or another communications-related field.
- Passion for researching story ideas, writing pitches and creating content
- Professional demeanor and confidence in speaking with media and clients
- Ability to explain complex topics and concepts through creative writing
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Extremely organized with an attention to detail
- Master of meeting deadlines and prioritizing multiple projects
- Experience in reporting and tracking media placements a plus
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced work environment
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- In light of the CDC’s guidelines on safety and vaccinations, DCI requires all final candidates to be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus as a way to strengthen protection for our staff, our agency, and our clients
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible time off
- 401k match