Are you interested in working for a human service agency where the sky is the limit for growth potential?
Do you enjoy working with children in need and making a difference in their lives?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Direct Support Professional has its advantages!
As a Direct Support Professional at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. You will assist in the planning and implementation of residential unit and/or group home services for assigned clients and be responsible for the safety and security of all clients assigned to you. You will also provide therapeutic interventions as necessary.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health – Massachusetts’ main campus is in Rutland, MA, but we also have positions available in Paxton, Webster, Fitchburg, Templeton, Leominster and Sterling.
We provide special education and treatment for children, adolescents and young adults with emotional, behavioral, intellectual and developmental disorders, including Autism Spectrum Disorders and co-occurring mental health and behavioral health disorders in residential and group home settings. The emphasis at Devereux is to teach, coach and support our students to learn daily living skills, coping skills and social skills while staying active and having fun.
You will add value by:
- Maintaining a safe and therapeutic treatment environment that meets the physical, emotional, and personal needs of program clients while improving functioning and minimizing interfering behaviors.
- Providing client documentation to include shift reports, incident reports, and individual progress notes.
Keywords: Youth Counselor, Direct Care Worker, Direct Care Counselor, Direct Service Worker, Group Care Worker, Direct Care Professional, Residential Counselor, Mental Health Associate, Mental Health Technician, ASD
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At Devereux, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients, staff and families. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of COVID-19 prevention. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization, just a few of these precautions have included:
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfection across all campuses and sites
- Implementing social distancing protocols across all programs
- Using PPE, including masks, gloves and gowns as indicated by the CDC
- Ensuring daily temperature and symptom screenings for all staff and clients
Throughout the pandemic, Devereux has also supported the physical and financial health of our dedicated team members – our very own Healthcare Heroes. A variety of options have been implemented over time to support our staff, including the provision of:
- Ongoing dedication bonuses, as well as sign-on bonuses, for direct support professionals (DSP) and other staff members
- Flexible schedules, remote working where possible, and redeployment between programs and services
- Hazard pay for those supporting quarantined individuals and shelter away services to frontline staff, when needed, to mitigate spread to families
- Advancing paid time off and sick time; eliminating telemedicine costs over a period of time
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong