Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes? Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health.
We are looking to engage with teaching professionals for future opportunities with us!
Teaching at Devereux has its advantages
As a Teacher, you will work with other dedicated education professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
- Unique programs that go beyond basic academic curriculum, such as: art therapy, animal care therapy, yoga, drama, life-skills and more.
- Classrooms equipped with SMART boards and educational learning supplies
- Assignment of a teacher’s assistant to your classroom to help maintain the physical, emotional well-being and safety of all students
- Free Teaching Seminars
- Tuition assistance and Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program
Devereux’s Massachusetts Day School is a private, fully approved, special needs day and residential school for students ages 6-21. Located in Rutland, MA, we provide educational services to children with behavioral, emotional and learning disabilities. As a Teacher, you will utilize creative, innovative approaches for engaging students, especially those who have suffered difficulties and failure in previous academic experiences. You will plan and implement educational instruction, as required by each student’s Individual Education Program (IEP); Complete all responsibilities related to IEP Development and monitoring as a member of assigned students’ IEP Team; provide supervision to assigned Teacher’s Aide; and ensure a safe environment.
Our classroom structure is designed to match students’ needs. Through an interdisciplinary approach, an individual plan is designed for each student. Our school is prepared to meet the academic requirements of local educational agencies, as well as other states where our clients are from. Our curriculum is aligned with the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks and coordinated through a collaborative working relationship with referring school districts. Flexibility in academic programming and creativity to meet students’ needs is the strength of our organization.
Keywords: Teacher, Special Education Teacher, Paraprofessional, Day School, Private School, alternative school, PBIS, SPED, substitute teacher
What is Devereux doing to support and protect the health and safety of our staff during the COVID-19 pandemic?
At Devereux, nothing is more important than the health and safety of our clients, staff and families. All Devereux centers have formal infectious-disease and emergency-management plans tailored to specifically address the unique aspects of COVID-19 prevention. In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization, just a few of these precautions have included:
- Establishing enhanced cleaning and disinfection across all campuses and sites
- Implementing social distancing protocols across all programs
- Using PPE, including masks, gloves and gowns as indicated by the CDC
- Ensuring daily temperature and symptom screenings for all staff and clients
Throughout the pandemic, Devereux has also supported the physical and financial health of our dedicated team members – our very own Healthcare Heroes. A variety of options have been implemented over time to support our staff, including the provision of:
- Ongoing dedication bonuses, as well as sign-on bonuses, for direct support professionals (DSP) and other staff members
- Flexible schedules, remote working where possible, and redeployment between programs and services
- Hazard pay for those supporting quarantined individuals and shelter away services to frontline staff, when needed, to mitigate spread to families
- Advancing paid time off and sick time; eliminating telemedicine costs over a period of time
As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will continue to adapt our response (and protocols) in real-time to meet any challenges and to ensure the safety of our staff and those we are so privileged to serve and support. #devereuxstrong
- Massachusett’s DESE Certification (or ability to receive licensure within one year)
- Moderate disabilities Certification preferred; will consider Content certification.
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support strategies required.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience preferred.
- Citizenship, residency, or H1B Visa in United States required.
Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate Servant Leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework. This is integrated into the delivery of quality programming for the individuals we serve, their families, and other stakeholders, as well as the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead. As a member of our team, you will support our commitment to cultural diversity and equity across all programs and services, and within all policies and employee practices.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Eligible employees are eligible to start benefits after 30 days of employment. In addition, we offer;
- Medical (including telemedicine via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, and mental health services.
- Student loan debt assistance, tuition reimbursement and continuing education assistance.
- Generous time-off, 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
- Employee assistance / work-life balance program.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE