Home Office Summer Internship – Client Strategies Group (CSG) Division
Saint Louis, Missouri; Tempe, Arizona
June 6, 2022 – August 12, 2022
At Edward Jones we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
An Engaging Culture:
We’re committed to providing a workplace that both challenges and rewards our associates. This commitment has contributed to our inclusion in Fortune magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For in 2020.” The firm is ranked 7th overall on the prestigious list.
Home Office Summer Internship Program:
As an intern in the Service area of the firm, you will be given meaningful and challenging assignments during the 10-week summer program. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and industry knowledge through summer project work in your Division, while also developing professionally through networking with peers, mentors and senior leaders at our Corporate Headquarters.
· Develop knowledge and skills to promote professional growth and personal development
· Assigned mentors who provide advice and guidance throughout the program
· Directly contribute to a business area to gain real work experiences and make an impact
· Develop and build networking skills to learn about our culture
· Attend exclusive events to meet and learn from other interns across the firm in a supportive environment that focuses on team building
Client Strategies Group (CSG):
The mission of the Client Strategies Group (CSG) is to design and champion the Edward Jones Client Experience. This is accomplished by equipping client teams with insights and complete wealth management resources, products and solutions throughout the client journey.
From branding and communication to the actual stocks, bonds and mutual funds offered, your work will have a significant impact not only within the CSG division but firm wide. Working in this collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will be challenged to bring fresh perspectives that allow us to continually exceed client expectations in an ever-evolving landscape.
· Undergraduate Interns in the Client Strategies Group Division will have the opportunity to work in one of the many departments within the division. As an applicant, you will have the opportunity to select one of the departments that most aligns with your interests and skill sets.
· CSG Departments offering Internship Opportunities:
o Systems, Tools, and Data Analytics: Work alongside our highly skilled professionals designing, enhancing, and supporting our systems and tools.
o Solutions: Equip Branch Teams (Financial Advisors and Branch Office Administrators) with the right tools and knowledge to deliver a solutions-based approach to meeting investment goals.
o Trading: Work side-by-side our Equity and Fixed Income traders, learn how they implement trading strategies to get the best price for client orders while mitigating risk to the firm.
o Managed Investments/Packaged Products: Inform the product management process of current product offerings and gain an understanding of the role product partners serve in support of Financial Advisors
o Product Review: Conduct research projects related to current market conditions, analyze appropriateness of potential investments though data analysis and assessment of source documents, and build statistical and financial models to support review process
o Marketing: Help coach our Financial Advisors for media interviews, review and assist with writing news release copy, create message mapping for media interviews and prepare social media posts
· As an Undergraduate Intern within the Client Strategies Group, you will also be given challenging and meaningful project-based assignments throughout the 10-week program. These will be tailored to both your specific department as well as your personal interests and skill sets.
Who Should Apply?
· Students who:
§ Are actively pursuing a degree, with Sophomore or Junior class standing
§ Drive to succeed and have an interest in the financial services industry
§ Have excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills
§ Demonstrate leadership and involvement in the community or campus organizations
§ Are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
§ Preferred majors for this opportunity, include, but are not limited to:
§ Computer Science
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.