Enko Chem is a venture-backed start-up in the Mystic, CT area committed to addressing the needs of a growing world population by advancing the discovery and development of new crop protection chemistries. We have a team of scientists who collaborate internally and externally to move discoveries from the laboratory to the field. We are actively looking for an individual with a background in a relevant biological discipline to join a team that characterizes novel small molecules for their effectiveness in controlling agronomically important pests.
Major responsibilities will include:
· Conduct bioassays to test the effect of novel small molecules including compound preparation, test setup, and troubleshooting of routine problems
· Record data in enterprise systems, analyze data and communicate results to team members via presentations and technical reports
· Utilize liquid handling equipment to improve assay quality and workgroup productivity
· Integrate laboratory data collection with our internal data systems
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated an ability to reliably implement bioassays and effectively communicate results. They will have demonstrated a strong work ethic, an ability to independently plan and execute their work and an ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
Qualifications and Skills
· BS in Biology or a biological sciences-related discipline
· 1-2 years research experience working in a laboratory or greenhouse environment is desired
· Ability to effectively prioritize and manage work processes within the stipulated time
· Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
· Excellent written and oral communication
· Special consideration will be given to candidates with training and experience in plant biology, plant pathology, entomology or nematology.
· Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience with liquid handling robotics and / or process optimization
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org