Good afternoon all,
If you know anyone interested – the Job Opportunity Announcement (JOA), FAM-F22-F001 SV-1801 – G Band, Federal Air Marshal, has been posted to USA Jobs and will open September 15, 2021, the access link is below. This JOA will close on September 28, 2021, unless an extension necessary.
An entry level Federal Air Marshal serves as a Federal Law Enforcement Officer for the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Law Enforcement/Federal Air Marshal Service (LE/FAMS). The Federal Air Marshals’ primary function is to protect commercial passenger flights by deterring and countering the risk of terrorist activity, aircraft piracy, and other crimes to protect the nation’s transportation infrastructure. Federal Air Marshals are equipped to operate independently in a highly stressful environment with little or no back-up available. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Participating in multi-agency task forces involving other federal, state, and local agencies in support of an integrated Federal law enforcement and intelligence approach to proactively fight terrorism.
- Coordinating and administering law enforcement, investigative, analytical, or advisory activities to ensure compliance with federal laws, regulations, and other mandatory guidelines.
- Making arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States if there is probable cause to believe that a felony is being or has been committed. Seeking and executing warrants for arrest or seizure of evidence upon probable cause that a violation has been committed; and identifying and interviewing witnesses and suspects.
- Presenting information regarding law enforcement activities to the appropriate U.S. Attorney, as necessary. Such law enforcement activities may involve matters of extreme sensitivity with difficult planning and coordination problems because of jurisdictional concerns involving other nations, and federal, state, county, and local governments
- This position is a primary Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) position and is covered under the Special LEO Retirement Provisions. Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) is approved for this position to compensate for unscheduled duty in excess of a basic workweek. Federal Air Marshals must work or be available to work an average of two extra hours per non excludable work day. LEAP is not authorized until all initial training requirements are successfully completed and upon issue of the Federal Air Marshal badge and credential.
76% or greater – Applicants will only be considered for locations for which they apply. Federal Air Marshals may be reassigned to different geographic locations throughout their tenure. Employees will be required to sign a Mobility Agreement as a condition of employment.