Based out of Norwalk CT, Fests LLC is a pioneer in the craft beer community and experiential event space. We work with our partners to create meaningful digital experiences on the web and beyond. Our mission is to bring people together through events to enjoy great beer with the folks who brew it. Due to COVID, our company is pivoting from hosting “in person” events to hosting virtual events.
If you’re confident in your Zoom abilities and producing digital events; we want to hear from you.
We’re seeking a flexible candidate who is super tech-savvy and has experience in video production. We believe that a collaborative environment creates the best solutions, but we also make room for creative & people to be autonomous and take ownership of their work. At Fests LLC, you’ll be a member of a supportive team who has your back.
– Work with our team to identify the best ways to engage a digital audience
– Develop production templates, assets, and workflows that will increase production quality
– Pitch ideas and collaborate on projects internally
– Make recommendations on equipment, technologies and other tools that will streamline production
– Assist with setting up preferred streaming platform
– Assist with producing and editing pre-recorded video content
– Oversee tech rehearsal, broadcast, and offload
– Manage live Q&A Sessions with special guests and attendees
– Manage Event Gamification (ie: Custom Live Trivia & Audience Engagement)
– Stream pre-recorded content integrated with live show
– Manage Video, Images, Slides, content playout
– Manage Virtual Front Row & Audience Participation
– Communicate with team and guests in real-time
– Troubleshoot technical challenges as they arise
– Edit video for sharing on social media networks and websites
The ideal candidate is above all a quick learner with experience using Zoom. Must be willing to learn, adapt and recommend new streaming technologies. They are an enthusiastic and collaborative team player who learns quickly and enjoys a deadline-driven environment. They are a detail-oriented and solution-minded thinker who is dedicated to meeting and achieving goals and will proactively seek to improve our digital business, virtual events and processes.
- Experience producing live broadcasts, virtual events, or a degree in Television/Video Production
- Proficient with Zoom, OBS, and other 3rd party streaming solutions, distribution platforms and video conferencing platforms
- Understanding of basic IT concepts including system management and administration, remote computer control, setting IP addresses, troubleshooting audio and video drivers, working with production switchers, etc.
- Understanding of basic broadcast engineering concepts including signal conversion, encoding, path optimization, control mapping, and USB interfaces
- Experience with cloud environments for production, encoding, and video streaming (AWS, Wowza)
- Excellent home Internet connection – 100Mbps upload and download minimum
- Knowledgeable on specialty applications: Adobe Creative Suite, PowerPoint, Sketch
- Awareness of various tools: Microsoft Teams, Slack, Dropbox
- Curious, optimistic, and passionate about digital products
- Eager to learn new skills and take on new challenges
- Proficient written and verbal communicator
- Lover of beautifully-crafted user experiences and interfaces
We encourage folks of all identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
We ask that you stay remote unless otherwise required. As is the case with event-based work, candidate must be flexible & available to work nights and weekends
TO APPLY: Email your resume and a brief statement of interest to Kevin Mardorf, email@example.com