The Legal Team Assistant provides administrative support to attorneys office-wide, to the Client Services Team (CST), the Attorney Resource Center (ARC) and/or the local office. The Legal Team Assistant works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment to deliver the highest level of service to internal and external clients.
- Provide administrative support to attorney teams office-wide, as well as office-centric teams, including the following:
- Prepare legal correspondence, printing, scanning, or converting various documents;
- Process attorneys’ expenses as needed;
- Prepare materials for overnight/mail service deliveries;
- Create and maintain original and electronic client case files, including using appropriate recordkeeping software;
- Search and review electronic document files for specific requests and circulate to appropriate parties per instructions;
- Ensure proper indexing and filing of legal documents; retrieve case files and prepare files for closing in accordance with the Information Governance departmental procedures; prepare closed case files for off-site storage.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the Office Administrator to complete local office projects, tasks and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with the CST Specialists, ARC Team, and other Legal Team Assistants.
- Collaborate with resources inside and outside the firm as appropriate to complete projects and tasks.
- Adhere to all firm policies, procedures, standards and guidelines while maintaining confidentiality.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES):
- Associate’s Degree preferred; applicable work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience in a professional environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must exhibit initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-pressure, deadline-driven and detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, initiative, decision-making skills and the ability to work independently.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, including personal computer, copier, telephone, transcription equipment, etc.
- Keyboarding skills of 60 wpm or higher required.
- Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. High level of interpersonal skills required to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Position requires a highly professional demeanor and appearance including possessing excellent poise, tact and diplomacy and the ability to maintain highest level of confidentiality and provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients/contacts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment including, but not limited to, computers, telephones, printers, and copiers.
Medium Work: Exertion of physical strength to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects 20 to 50 pounds frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds.
Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a contract or employment agreement and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all functions, responsibilities, or requirements the employee may be required to perform, and the employee may be required to perform additional duties. Additionally, management reserves the right to review and revise the job description at any time. Employment with the firm is at-will. Employees must be able to satisfactorily perform all of the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. If an accommodation request would cause an undue hardship or a safety concern, the individual may not be eligible for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability