Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
At Fred Hutch, we believe that the innovation, collaboration, and rigor that result from diversity and inclusion are critical to our mission of eliminating cancer and related diseases. We seek employees who bring different and innovative ways of seeing the world and solving problems. Fred Hutch is in pursuit of becoming an antiracist organization. We are committed to ensuring that all candidates hired share our commitment to diversity, antiracism, and inclusion.
The Digital Content Coordinator supports the production and maintenance of Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center’s web and digital properties as part of the UX, Design & Development team within the Communications & Marketing department.
In this role, your responsibilities will include content management support and digital engagement efforts across internal and external channels. You will be a flexible and consistent collaborator who elevates the work of cross-functional partners and team members while creating and editing content in Adobe Experience Manager sites (AEM).
Our UX team is focused on how these platforms can be used to drive measurable engagement across audiences (patients, donors, scientific peers, and business partners) in support of Fred Hutch’s mission to cure, prevent and treat cancer and other devastating diseases. You will build collaborative relationships with faculty and staff, designers, developers, analysts and writers to continuously develop better online tools and experiences.
- Produce, edit and maintain content for responsive web pages
- Help web authors optimize their content based on UX/UI best practices
- Manage project workflow, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Work closely with digital producers, UX/UI designers, web developers, writers, philanthropy and other groups on projects and general maintenance of websites
- Help content authors around the center optimize their content by suggestion UX/UI improvements
- Identify opportunities to improve UX/UI to ensure excellent online experiences for internal and external audiences
- Identify content opportunities, including ways to repurpose existing content throughout owned platforms and other digital channels
Please submit your resume and a statement describing your commitment and contributions toward greater diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism in your career or that will be made through your work at Fred Hutch.
- 2+ years in a web production role or equivalent experience
- Clear communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Able to rapidly prioritize and respond to incoming requests
- Track record of creative thinking and problem solving
- Able to juggle competing projects and deadlines
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills
- Team player and adaptable to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, marketing, communications, or related field
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver), content management systems (AEM sites, Drupal, WordPress, etc.) and Digital Asset Managers
- Experience in digital content creation and an understanding of how to deliver engaging content
- Ability to synthesize data from multiple sources into actionable insights
Our Commitment to Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) Employer. We are committed to cultivating a workplace in which diverse perspectives and experiences are welcomed and respected. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ancestry, national origin, sex, age, disability (physical or mental), marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, or membership in any other legally protected class. We are an Affirmative Action employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and desire priority referrals of protected veterans. If due to a disability you need assistance/and or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to our Employee Services Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 206-667-4700.