Marketing Coordinator/Communications Specialist – 1-2 Years of Experience Preferred
Freeman Companies is a comprehensive engineering, environmental and landscape architecture firm based in Hartford, Connecticut specializing in projects in the governmental, educational, commercial, industrial, institutional and infrastructure markets. As the Marketing Coordinator/Communications Specialist, you will work directly under our Vice President of Marketing and Business Development and will often need to coordinate with our senior technical staff. As a small but multi-disciplined firm, your general job responsibilities will vary widely to accommodate the diverse work that we do. An ideal candidate will thrive in our fast paced environment. We are a family first and a firm second, and your presence will be vital in the development, execution and maintenance of our online presence, promotional activity, and proposal submittals.
1-2 years of experience in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction industry is preferred though not required. The applicant must have exceptional organizational, scheduling and time management skills and the agility to manage a high volume of deadlines at once. Ability to change priorities and have a flexible work schedule is a must. You will occasionally be asked to travel by car to deliver proposals, so a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license is required.
- Write, organize, edit, proofread, layout, produce and deliver – from concept to completion – all new business proposals including SF330s, narrative proposals, fee/scope proposals, and qualification statements;
- Responsible for printing, binding, delivering and filling proposals once they are complete;
- Maintain, update, and organize service-focused boilerplate (firm’s project experience, staff resumes, templates, etc.) to be used as masters in proposals and qualifications packages;
- Edit and develop informational technical documents based on copy/concepts from senior staff;
- Using Word, PowerPoint and/or Adobe, develop effective and relevant graphics/visuals that are informative, appealing, and in alignment with our brand identity;
- Coordinate with internal staff, sub consultants/associated firms on strategy/input for proposals and interviews;
- File, make copies, and coordinate with senior marketing and administrative staff on project wins, contract executions, project closeouts, and general current activity;
- Track all proposal and promotional activity with others, maintaining a knowledge of past, present, and potential firm experience and opportunities.
- Conceptualize and produce external communications, including emails campaigns and advertising coordination;
- Create, plan, execute and maintain content on all social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and website);
- Assembly and preparation of presentations, boards, handouts, etc. as required for client presentations, industry events, conferences, and tradeshows;
- Leverage President’s involvement in the community and industry by composing and preparing speeches, presentations, talking points, and providing coaching, when necessary;
- Quarterback special projects as defined by the President of the firm.
This is an opportunity to join the Company as a key member of our team!
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or apply directly through Handshake to be considered for this vitally important role. Resumes not accompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.