Client: Gardener’s Supply
Position Title: eCommerce Site Merchandiser
Location: Burlington, Vermont
About Gardener’s Supply:
Gardener’s Supply Company is an employee-owned company providing environmentally friendly gardening products and information through its website, catalogs, and retail stores. The mission of Gardener’s Supply is to be in business to spread the joys and rewards of gardening, because gardening nourishes the body, elevates the spirit, builds community, and makes the world a better place. From solutions for most every gardening challenge to friendly, knowledgeable advice, Gardener’s Supply is here to serve their community. They design and develop innovative products, manage test gardens, maintain an extensive how-to library, and have a team of down-to-earth gardener’s ready to tackle your every question.
The eCommerce Site Merchandiser is accountable for delivering an outstanding online shopping experience by ensuring customers easily find and buy the desired products through the development of sound, data-driven merchandising strategies, with a laser-focused on maximizing conversion. They will interact cross-functionally with Buying, Marketing and IT to identify business opportunities and coordinates work needed to take advantage of those opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Merchandiser(s) to support the strategic and tactical business objectives of the assigned category
· Manage and review online merchandise presentation to ensure the categorization, imagery, copy, pricing, site placement and promotional tags are accurate and meet brand standards
· Coordinate with Purchasing and Marketing teams to ensure promotional readiness, inventory availability, etc.
· Maintain site integrity by executing daily content refreshes
· Monitor and conduct site audits for accuracy
· Analyze data daily to optimize the customer experience and make suggestions/take action to improve conversion rate
· Prepare and present daily and weekly reporting for eCommerce team leadership
· Understand categorical seasonality and customer buying trends
· Attend vendor meetings and stay abreast of evolving industry trends
· Incorporate irresistible calls-to-action to promotional placements to stimulate customer click-through and conversion
· Work with vendors to gather relevant product content
· Continuous product presentation improvements including short, long descriptions, key features, photography, and restrictions
· Devise tactics for piloting ideas to “get things done” when broader programs and processes are not feasible or fast enough
· Identify business growth opportunities and guide their implementation
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in online marketing, online retail or merchandising required
· Working knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office programs
· Self-motivated with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and adapt to a changing and fast-paced environment
· Strong bias for action and enthusiasm to learn, improve and drive business growth, along with the ability to identify and act on opportunities to build business and maximize sales dollars
· Excellent project management and communication skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills
· Ability and motivation to teach and train, and to communicate clearly and concisely
Gallagher, Flynn, & Company, LLP has been retained to conduct this search. Interested candidates may apply by sending a resume and cover letter to Shane Capron at email@example.com. While we appreciate all interest in this opportunity, only candidates most closely aligned with our search will be contacted.
Disclaimer: What is listed above is representative of the responsibilities of the position but are not meant to be an exhaustive list. Responsibilities may change during employment at the company’s discretion. Gallagher, Flynn & Company, LLP and our client do not discriminate in employment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.