Job Title: People Manager, Strategic Growth
Who we are:
GeistM is a full-funnel performance marketing company transforming how brands acquire customers at scale. Reaching 94% of the wired population across the globe, GeistM puts the right content in front of the most profitable potential customers. Our proprietary technology, Blackfire, and diverse publisher network is built to develop, launch, and scale content-based marketing campaigns across more than a dozen integrated third-party networks, including Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat, Pinterest, and Outbrain resulting in profitable customer acquisition at scale. GeistM has been named to Crain’s New York Fast 50 and to Inc’s 5000 List for the past three consecutive years.
Location: New York, New York
The role is based in midtown Manhattan, but due to COVID-19, all GeistM employees are working remotely and will be through the foreseeable future.
About the position:
We are looking for a People Manager to join our Strategic Growth Team. The Strategic Growth team utilizes a unique combination of AI and human-powered insights to optimize and deliver clients’ narratives through the digital landscape. GeistM is uniquely positioned to drive performance marketing results through Native Networks, Paid Social, and SEM. The Strategic Growth team is able to deliver real time solutions for maximizing client scale across a variety of different client verticals, such as health, beauty, sports, and finance.
As a key member of our Strategic Growth team, you’ll play a key role in building/fostering relationships with clients as well as managing our internal team. You’ll be focusing on building relationships with clients by developing and implementing data-driven campaign strategies, overseeing and leading client calls, and participating in account onboardings.
As a People Manager you are expected to foster the growth and development of our Analyst and Senior Analyst team. This includes setting quarterly OKRs, weekly one-on-one check-ins, conducting mid-year and end-of-year reviews, measuring employee performance and delivering consistent feedback.
To be successful in this role, you should have experience with leading the ideation, creation, and execution of paid social, native and programmatic campaigns, including account setup, account management, strategy development, and fostering client relationships.
What you’ll do:
- Manage 4-5 direct reports using the appropriate tools to foster growth and support them in their daily responsibilities;
- Work horizontally with team members to identify campaign objectives, define KPIs, and execute key campaign optimizations;
- Conduct analysis that results in actionable insights and data-driven recommendations;
- Knowledge of search campaign set-up: keyword development, ad copy creation & testing, account set-up and restricting, bid and budget management;
- Oversee client calls and foster relationships, actively participate in account kick-offs;
- Cultivate and build relationships with our partners.
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, in Marketing, Finance, Business, Management or similar field;
- 4-6 years experience in a Performance Marketing role or similar role running digital marketing campaigns;
- Experience with project management tools (Asana) is a plus;
- Experience managing direct reports;
- Experience in a collaborative team environment;
- An ability to think outside the box and be creative;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Interest in working in a startup environment.
Why you should come work with us:
- Great coworkers and a fun collaborative environment;
- Funded by top-tier venture firms;
- Career growth opportunities;
- Many technical and business challenges to solve.