George Street Playhouse seeks a Development Associate to play an important role in the Development Department by managing the Annual Fund Campaign and Donor Benefits program, providing administrative support, and by participating in all development activities. The position reports to the Director of Development and is a member of the Development Department.
Exceptional candidates will have two or more years of fundraising experience, be proficient in Tessitura fundraising functions, Google Suite, Excel and Word, and will have superior written communication skills.
- Responsible for tracking of all contributions and development reporting within Tessitura CRM, including: gift transactions, campaign reports, financial reconciliations, and active mail list management
- Works with the Director of Development in developing fiscal year calendar
- Strategizes and executes Annual Fund Drive, including but not limited to: writing solicitations, managing all aspects of implementation and production of monthly mailings
- Maintain list of active donors for all printed and digital donor listings
- Timely and accurate formal acknowledgement of all Annual Fund and special campaign contributions, including written acknowledgement letters, required tax receipts, and filing necessary support documentation
- Coordinates both internal and external communication in regard to Donor Benefits
- Works with the Director of Development to ensure accurate tracking of cultivation through the use of PLANS in Tessitura CRM
- Maintains digital library of letter templates used in regular donor engagement, working with the Director of Development to regularly refresh templates throughout the year
- Provide general staff support as assigned for special events, including but not limited to: Opening Nights, Behind the Scenes, Donor Cultivation Series, and the Annual Gala Benefit
- Actively engages with donors, patrons, and community members and leaders at various events. This position is the lead member of the Patron Stewardship Team and participates in, and ensures, coverage of the donor lounge at assigned performances.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
COVID-19 Vaccination required.
Hours: M- F 10 – 6pm with some evenings and weekends required.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $48,000
George Street Playhouse recognizes the value of diverse experiences, identities and backgrounds and is committed to building an equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization that is representative of the world in which we live. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigineous or a Person of Color; LGTBQ+ and gender diverse candidates; candidates with disabilities; as well as candidates from historically marginalized groups are all encouraged to apply. This position will remain open until filled. We aim to collect a pool of diverse and qualified candidates prior to reviewing resumes, please forward this position to someone you think will be a good fit.
Send cover letter, resume and relevant writing sample to Jacqueline Brendel, Director of Development firstname.lastname@example.org