We are still looking for a few good interns for our Summer Internship!
Highest priority will be those applicants who are taking the internship for credit.
The Georgia State Games is one of the largest Amateur Olympic-Style Sports Festivals in the country. We rely HEAVILY on top quality interns to operate many of our sporting Events Projects and Programs. It is a tremendous experience and we have interns that come from across North America each year. To date we have had students attend our internship from 37 States, 9 Foreign Countries and 3 Canadian Providences.
The interns get a GREAT, HANDS-ON experience. No fetching coffee. Real life planning AND implementation of activities and programs in what they will experience. If you know of quality students that would want to intern in the Atlanta, Georgia area, please encourage them to apply.
Please disseminate this to your students, careers centers (if possible) and to anyone who deals with students needing internships at your school. Positions usually fill quickly. We are seeking the following positions:
Seeking various majors including but not limited to: Sales, Marketing, Sports Management, Recreation, Public Relations, Communications, Business, Graphics, Photography, Website/IT, Etc.!
This is an UNPAID internship but we do have the ability to provide some flexibility to work a part time job if needed.
Housing is NOT available at this time. Sorry.!
- Summer Internships:
- Review of applications will be reviewed immediately!
- Intern positions
- We need the following experiences for the Summer Term:
- Executive Assistant and Administration (2 positions)
- Graphic Design (2 positions)
- Photography (1-2 positions)
- Website (1 positions)
- Public Relations and Organizational Social media (1-2 positions)
- Sponsorship & Fundraising (2-3 positions)
- Volunteer Soliciting (1 position)
- Event Administration and Implementation (4-6 positions)
- We HIGHLY encourage students that participate or really like Olympic sports to apply.
- We are looking for a wide range of students with diverse sporting interests, BUT definitely want a few students with the below sports expertise (club sport athletes are HIGHLY encouraged to apply too) and other areas indicated:
- Track & Field
- Disc Golf
To Apply: Submit the following: ONLY SERIOUS Applicants should apply.
- Georgia Games Application
- Submit in the original Microsoft WORD software NOT as a PDF or other program.
- Sports Questionnaire
- Submit in the original Microsoft EXCEL software NOT as a PDF or other program.
- Cover letter
- If Graphics/Website/PR/Photography: ALSO submit samples of previous work is helpful.
Submit the FOUR items in ONE email as FOUR attachments.
- Must be organized, team oriented, self-starting, aggressive, outgoing and innovative.
- Must be willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done especially including whatever “dirty” job that may take
- Must have strong writing skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and PC (not Apple) computers.
Internship opportunities are offered depending on intern’s experience & skills, time commitment availability, academic credit ability and semester sought.
GREAT ACADEMIC experience for this UNPAID internship!
This internship is NOT for the student that is:
- Just looking to get credit or “get” by;
- Be a social butterfly or party/drink for the summer;
- Socialize with your local friends for the summer;
- “Just” put in your 40 hours for the week;
- Looking for a full time paying summer job.
- Must demonstrate Organizational Ability
- Must demonstrate Extreme Thoroughness Ability
- Must Demonstrate Effective communication Skills: Verbally and in Writing
- Must be Assertive
- Must be Mature
- Must be a Team Player
- Must be able to Multi-Task
- Must be willing to “get dirty”
- Must be willing to talk to strangers
- Must be able to be aware from YOUR “comfort” zone
* Priority will be given to those students completing the internship for academic credit and/or for a graduation requirement.
* Priority will be given to students currently enrolled in college.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, event and sport management in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.