Description of Department:
CMC Statistics within the Biostatistics division of GSK is an internal consulting group. CMC Statistics provide statistical consulting support to CMC related non-clinical research and development.
The co-op students will work under the supervision of the statisticians in the CMC Statistics group and have the opportunity to:
- Advise on design, sample size and other aspects of statistical relevance in the planning of studies.
- Provide statistical analysis, reporting and interpretation of results of studies.
- Provide statistical analysis programs for use either within CMC Statistics or by other R&D staff.
- Pursuing a MSc/PhD degree in statistics or biostatistics currently in an accredited 4-year US university.
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 4-12 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Experience with statistical software, such as SAS and/or R.
- Basic knowledge of applied statistical methodology, such as design of experiments, linear and mixed models, and variance components.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.