Global Atlantic is one of the fastest growing companies in the Life and Annuity industry. We are focused on the U.S. retirement and life insurance markets with a broad range of annuities and life insurance options, as well as reinsurance solutions. Our success is based on competitive and innovative product designs, leading investment management and integrated risk management, along with highly experienced leadership.
The role of the TPA Financial Intern is to ensure the tracking and accuracy of related operating expenses between Global Atlantic and our Third Party Administrators (TPA). Ensuring compliance to the terms of the agreement to meet contractual requirements, the position will also track and manage monthly charges to ensure accuracy of TPA invoices covering all delivered services and related pass-through expenses; provide ad-hoc reporting, including budgeted vs. actual expenses, forecasts, charge back processes and adherence with TPA’s contracted SLA requirements
Located at our Hartford location, this position reports to the AVP, TPA Finance.
- Validate TPA invoices against contract business operating guidelines and business unit volumes
- Responsible for reviewing and reconciling accuracy of TPA and vendor invoices including decisions around credits and charge backs at the business unit level
- Track and report TPA Service Level Agreements and ensure that the business unit receives appropriate service level credits
- Monitor business unit and TPA’s compliance with contract pricing schedules, reports, and critical deliverables related to operating expenses and SLAs
- Maintain and continuously improve TPA and vendor expense models; when needed build expense models
- Perform existing audit controls of TPAs and vendors
- Develop knowledge of relevant aspects of TPA and vendor contracts
- Evaluate new technologies to improve on current expense management tools and processes
- Create cost benefit and risk analyses for business area leaders
- Provide ad-hoc TPA and vendor related reporting as required by business unit and Global Atlantic leadership
- Proactively escalate possible problems, gaps, or risks
- Provide analytics to support the business unit in negotiations with TPAs over financial contract terms and conditions
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with interest in operations reporting, expense management, cost benefit analysis, analytics and reporting
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft software, specifically Excel data manipulation (pivot tables and charting tools)
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong organization and time management skills to meet strict deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Positive attitude even when faced with difficult obstacles, issues or challenges
- Strong work ethic, high level of personal integrity, and accountability
- Interest and ability to identify and evaluate leading edge technologies to challenge the status quo
TOTAL REWARDS STATEMENT
At Global Atlantic, enjoy a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, with a focus on pay equity and flexibility. We are proud to support work/life balance with flexible work arrangements that meet individual and business needs. A casual dress code, above-average paid time off, parental and military leave, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement are just a few of the extra perks that make Global Atlantic a great place to work. We strive to foster a culture of total well-being through community outreach and charitable giving programs.
In Hartford, we actively partner with the Habitat for Humanity, Hands on Hartford, Hartford Public Library and Journey Home.
Social platforms provide an environment to collaborate with others and participate in friendly competitions towards achieving physical, emotional and financial well-being. Our highly competitive health, retirement, life and disability plans can be tailored to best suit your needs and those of your whole family.
Global Atlantic is committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can meaningfully contribute to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate in employment on any basis that is prohibited by federal, state or local laws. More than that, we strive to be inclusive of all backgrounds and experiences, which we feel gives us a competitive advantage in the market and within our firm. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship now or in the future