• Responsible for assisting with researching, developing, and launching new products.
• Track and review product sample submissions with product development team.
• Create product specifications, assembly instructions, product manuals, standards, safety warnings.
• Help create/document tests and procedures for product safety.
• Work with 3D printer to create prototypes, and 3D programs such as Pro E, Solidworks.
• Review/compare product specifications including but not limited to, dimensions, weight capacities, function & performance features, intellectual property details, etc.
• Work closely with the Product Development Engineers to design product, determine cost, and packaging efficiency.
Competencies and skills:
• BS in an Engineering discipline preferably Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical.
• BS or BA in Industrial Design will be considered.
• 1 -3 years of product development experience in industrial or mass consumer products.
• Must be hands on and able to assemble/test various industrial products.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes:
o Metals- stamping, welding, wire forming, extrusions, roll forming and foundry,
o Plastics; injection molding, roto molding, thermoforming.
• Knowledge of regulations and standards such as: OSHA, ANSI, National Electric Code, NSF, UL/ETL, BIFMA, etc.