Global Strategy Group is looking for a Fall Intern to support our Research team. Our Research practice is rooted in politics with extensive experience on electoral campaigns for clients such as Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) and Jacky Rosen (NV). Our team has successfully worked with corporate clients to navigate public affairs issues and build their reputation, including Comcast Corporation, Uber, and The Rockefeller Foundation, to name a few!
Our internships are designed for college seniors and recent graduates who are motivated to jump in and take a hands-on approach to learn all aspects of the work we do with our clients. Ideal candidates will be available to start in the Fall session and continue on through the Spring.
Throughout your internship with GSG, you will have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a bustling agency while contributing valuable work to the team. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
As a GSG Intern, you will work closely with the entire Research team on any number of tasks, projects, or presentations. GSG Interns are expected to be open-minded, ambitious, and professional!
Our Fall Interns must be able to commit to 20 hours per week. This is a paid internship.
As the Research Intern, you will be responsible to:
- Perform background and supporting research for current and potential clients on a wide range of issues. This research will inform surveys, memos, pitches, and presentations.
- Assist in quality control, execution, and analysis of quantitative and qualitative projects.
- Help research, brainstorm, and execute various new business and marketing initiatives with senior researchers.
Do the following descriptions sound like you?
- You are motivated and responsible, a natural self-starter, and someone who can execute strong work with minimal direction, in addition to taking initiative on long-term projects.
- You have excellent writing, research, and communication skills, in addition to general office administrative skills. You can work quickly and efficiently while understanding the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- You have a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
- You are a team player who is not afraid to quickly integrate and collaborate with the larger team!
- You have great proofreading skills, strong organizational skills, and a proven ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- You are proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, operating in an Outlook & PC world.
- You have a strong interest in public opinion polling, as well as political, corporate, and public affairs research, and can speak to the latest developments in these areas.
- You possess the ability and willingness to learn new techniques and methodologies.
- You have some bonus tools in your back pocket, such as experience or relative coursework with statistics and advanced quantitative methods, and perhaps you’re even familiar with graphical representation of data and/or infographics. These are not required, but certainly a plus!
If this sounds like the opportunity for YOU, apply now!
When submitting your resume, please include a cover letter which highlights your relevant experience, along with why you want to be a part of the team at GSG. We are interested in candidates who align with our mission and want to contribute to our continued growth.
Candidates who match the needs for the position will be contacted via email.
Global Strategy Group, LLC.
Honored to be named Public Affairs Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, we are distinguished by our depth of talent, influential clients, and winning track record. Battle-tested in the trenches of corporate reputation management and political campaigns, we bring unrivaled commitment to every assignment.
Our culture of independence, integrity, and responsiveness established by our co-founders two decades ago drives our team of nearly 100 smart, strategic, and creative professionals today.
Our clients—which include Fortune 100 companies, national political leaders, associations and nonprofits—rely on us for candid guidance and fast, effective execution. We provide a combination of critical thinking and on-the-ground results that many other firms talk about, but few deliver.
Global Strategy Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At GSG, we are distinguished by our depth of talent. Our people are team players, straight shooters and problem solvers. We bring passion, energy and drive to everything we do. This all comes from our closely-held firm values, which have guided us since the day GSG opened its doors. We are committed to ensuring that our workplace provides a diverse, inclusive, and culturally rich atmosphere and are always looking for talented individuals to add to our culture.
We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: race, religion or creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, uniform service member status, or any other protected class under federal, state or local statute.